Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stash Cabinet - Kentucky Sampler Inspired and HRH CM progress

I am so giddy! Yesterday I was at Roller Rink Antique Mall and I came across the sweetest cabinet. Funny how it hit me when I saw it. A while back in December (12/20/11)  and in January (1/23/12) Peggy at kentuckysampler.blogspot.com posted  pictures of a beautiful, large cabinet she bought for her stash. When I saw this cabinet yesterday, I was immediately drawn to it and thought I could use this as a stash cabinet.  Our Gambrel is a small but quaint home; it was the perfect size to fit in my stitching closet. Eventually it will go in my stitching room, once the Navy Girl moves her things out (someday).

I made my small under $10 purchase of this sign,
  I know my husband was impressed that 
 I was brave enough to bring home.



 I told the hubby that I wanted to take him to the Roller Rink to show him what I found and get his "approval". :-) So after our trip to the "dump" (transfer & recycle station) we took the scenic route to the antique mall. It was a beautiful drive this morning with all the trees covered in snow.

He liked it too and the 30% discount didn't hurt either. I showed him a really, really nice secretary that I absolutey love, wish that could have come home with us too! It is has got so much character!
May need to work on that, going back tomorrow to give it another look see.

I am just so thrilled with this piece and it matches my drawer cabinet we bought a few years ago.

A little fuzzy

Love the worn corners, adds character

Isn't that just the sweetest latch....

Check out the hinges and the tones of the wood

Glamour shot, just the right size.

It will hang out in the master bedroom until the reorganization of the rooms takes place.

Progress Report!!
This was my start on Block Two (aka Governer's Palace)



Keep on stitching.
XXXxxxXXXxxxXXXxxxXXX
P.J.


13 comments:

Faye said...

I simply love your new cabinet!! Its just perfect~~ And, you have nice progress with the stitches.... Got your envelope today, ty ty.. Will be in touch soon~~~ Great blog PJ!!

Always, Faye

Peggy Lee said...

Your cabinet is beautiful P.J.! Perfect size too. Love it...and thanks so much for the reference, I'm very flattered. :o)
Your stitching is gorgeous as usual. I will enjoy following your progress on this one.
That first sign made me giggle! I like BOTH of the signs. I have never seen either one of those sayings.

You must post a picture of your cabinet all filled up next. You will be surprised at how quickly you'll find yourself needing another one!
~Enjoy

P.J. said...

I will be sure to post pics of the cabinet with some stash in it.

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching! Love your new stash cabinet, you made a great find!

Joy said...

What a great find!

Kimmie said...

Awesome!!!! You've inpired me to consider taking over one of the drawers we use for videos/DVDs in an antique dresser in our living room. It would make more sense than hogging space in our linen closet. LOL

Shanda said...

What a beautiful cabinet!! And great work on your stitch project!

P.J. said...

That's what I love about blogging, Inspiring each other, seeing different ideas. Glad I could pay it forward.

Penny said...

Your new cabinet is wonderful! I want one. :)
Beautiful stitching, I love the colors.

Kate said...

What a great find. Love the signs as well.
Wonderful stitching.

Siobhán said...

Wow, what a great find! Lucky you. Beautiful stitching progress!

marly said...

That is my kind of cabinet. The beauty is in the simplicity! I have to write down your sign's message!!!

Catherine said...

You and Peg sure have been lucky finding great cabinets!