Saturday, August 31, 2013

Yippieee! Skippy!

Hang on to your girdles Myrtles....
I have some framing eye candy to share. I was so excited when Polly, my framer, emailed last night to say that I could stop by this weekend to pick up my stash.  As I mentioned in a previous post I always have a good time choosing frames with Polly.

The day started out misty and peaceful, a great calming morning. The sultry air is back and thick. I got some decent overcast light to take some nice pictures. But y'all know how the camera plays with the color..a good example today is the blue matting on my owls. It really is not that BLUE; it is a more of a heather blue.

On with the show...

Johnny Appleseed




Looks like gnarly apple trees
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For Baby Emma

I really like the natural look of this one. I think Emma's momma will to.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For Baby Ryder



LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! The way this turned out.
It took us the longest to get this one right. Almost hate to part with this one.


Quaint Owl Sampler



I really enjoyed stitching this little piece and the whole package puts a smile on my face...
 Happy little owls in happy little trees. :)

Thanks for letting me show-n-tell.
Keep on stitching.
P.J.
P.S. Cricket-Bug I did not forget  you... The Owl Sampler was in the BH&G Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine Nov/Dec 1994 designed by Patricia Andrle


12 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful framing! Each of them are lovely and perfect for their design. But... My absolute gave is the Johnny Appleseed and its frame! Beautiful!!! It's so fun to bring home newly framed pieces. Yeah!!!

Catherine said...

They are all fabulous ~ love all of your choices ~ especially the frame for Johnny!!

Deborah said...

Beautiful pieces with great frames!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful framing

Casa Pearl said...

OMG each is better than the next. You and your framer are a great partnership. I can see why you'd find it hard to part with that sheep! But the new owner will treasure it I'm sure.

Erica said...

WOW! Those frames are truly eye-popping! My favorite it the Johnny Appleseed one!
By the way, we have the same taste in stitching. I have had Johnny sitting in my stash for ages, and Patricia Andrle is one of my favorite designers! I think I have most of hers. ome years ago I stitched her House Blessing. It is still one of my favorites!

Margaret said...

Wow, such beautiful frames! I love them all!

Mii Stitch said...

Love all your frames, they are beautiful! Perfect for your finishes :)

Denise said...

Beautiful framing! And beautiful stitching! Always love to see how stitchers finish there hard work.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Penny said...

Lovely framing, P.J.! Especially love Johnny Appleseed's frame!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Beautiful work! I might have that issue - - if I ever get to unpack my storage unit!

Pumpkin said...

Just fantastic!!!! No wonder you were excited to show them off :) You and your framer must work well together because each piece is so well suited.