Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blue or not to be....

I had mention I had started another fun stitch...Girlfriends by Twisted Threads. Well she started off a bit slow and with frustration. I was drawn to this design, not only for what it represented, but the lovely warm colors. I am making one for my GF and one for me. This is US in a stitch!




My dilema...the called for Cornflower and Banker's Grey just were too BLUE!! And I have to be honest I don't see any BLUE in the model picture. And the model colors are what caught my eye.



So I picked through my Sampler Threads I had on hand and found Sable and Barn Grey to be a more suitable match for the tones in the model. (reference the shopping bag)



What do you think??

Keep on stitching,
 
P.J.

5 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Excellent choices

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, I hate when that happens! I do think if you want to match the colors on the chart, then you've picked perfectly!

Annette-California said...

You did a great job of switching out the colors. Your sampler is beautiful.
love Annette

Peggy Lee said...

Oh yes, I agree. I hate it when my finish looks nothing like the model pic. You'll be so glad you changed the threads.
Looking good by the way!
~hugs

Andrea said...

What an adorable design! I like your thread choices much better...so frustrating when the called for colors look nothing like the model!