Wednesday, August 28, 2013

QT...

Quality Time with my girlfriend; junking and shopping and stitching and hooking and talking and stitching some more. Karri spent the weekend at my place for a good S-n-B weekend. We both took Friday off to make it even longer. We headed over to The Keeping Room in Hampden for some wool shopping. Tony, the proprietor, has the sweetest shop which matches her sweet disposition. Her shop has smatterings of antiques or old stuff among her wool, rug patterns and penny rug patterns. The walls are covered with beautiful rugs she has designed and hooked. She was most helpful in guiding us with color choices; Karri was looking for something to add some pop to her stair tread she is working and we both wanted to pick up some wool for the BIG MOOSE rug. We both came out of there with a nice little haul. Here is my stash...

 
 


Off to lunch and on to School House Antiques. We always have a good time junkin'/antiquing. We both picked up a few things. I really like the Aunt Jemima iron bank I found. She will be a door stop for my stitching room once I put some felt on her feet.
 


We got to some stitching Friday night; I worked a little bit on Girlfriends.




I failed again to take a picture of Karri's piece...she is going to town on her Autumn at HRH. Inspired by her progress and Casa Pearl at Stitching in Lobster Land who is stitching Christmas at HRH, I pulled out my Christmas at HRH on Saturday. I do enjoy working on it, but just going slow. I am pleased with what I got done.





That evening we pulled out the wool cutter to cut some strips for Karri's stair tread (again no pic) and I worked on my snowman.
 
 

I need to finish him up before we meet again at Karri's for her Harvest Moon Hook-In she is hosting at her place. Just a small group of us spending a Saturday hooking. I am hoping to get some finishing tips from the experienced hookers. Yes, yes I will remember pics of all the projects. :)

And finally....I started this post Monday morning...the piece de resistance. My GF has this amazing gift in gift giving, she finds the most interesting things and sometimes the simplest of things. For my birthday gift she really did it with something unique, but so US. It almost did not make it to the gift bag, hahaha, so I hear. She also loves to build the suspense; all day Friday " I can't wait for you to open your birthday gift". I am beyond tickled with this gift and it will be proudly displayed in my stitching room.
Thank you best GF!!


A sewing wall pin cushion from Bulgaria...

Isn't it just the neatest and sweetest thing; if only it could tell us it's story.

Hope everyone is in a good stitching groove. The sultry weather has crept back into Maine which makes things a bit sluggish, I am ready for Autumn temps (I can hear the boos & hisses from some of you). A big Welcome and How-Do-You-Do to my newest followers; hope you enjoy your visits.

Keep on Stitching.
P.J.

10 comments:

Faye said...

PJ! You girls did fantastic!!!!! Isn't shopping and stitching with a BFF the best?? I LOVE those wools you found and your gift is just wonderful~~~ Happy Birthday to you!

Annette-California said...

My shopping hero's:) You ladies did great. Beautiful wools PJ. Your Autumn at HRH is looking so beautiful. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
love Annette

Margaret said...

Wow! Looks fantastic! Love all the wooly goodness, love your stitching too! And your gift is so cool!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend! A little bit of everything and a lot of time with a friend - nothing better than that. Your Christmas at HRH looks fantastic. I've gone back a couple of times and enlarged it and looked at it. Gorgeous!

Jan Gartlan said...

What a special time you had with your friend. I love your HRH. I have that pattern in my stash and will finish it after Shores of HRH. Lovely work

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Days with girl friends are just the best! Your snowman and HRH Christmas are looking good. Score for the birthday girl and gift.

Casa Pearl said...

Sounds like a fantastic way to spend a weekend - just my kind of fun. Your C@HRH block looks great and it looks like you'll be showing a finish very soon. And what a great birthday gift. It's always so nice when someone puts such careful thought into what will suit you. Enjoy!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

looks like a great time! Neat Jemima! Nice pincushion too!

Catherine said...

Love all of your news goodies! Great stuff!

Drink Recipes said...

Nice sshare