Saturday, March 16, 2013

Making new friends...

I enjoyed a most pleasant visit with a new friend today, Kathleen from Castine. I met her at the Hook-In back in February. I have been excited about getting together with her. Karri and I were going to meet up with Kathleen at the Winterport Rug Hookers monthly gathering, but that was rescheduled for next weekend. So planned to meet at my place and I would serve lunch. It ended up being just me and Kathleen as Karri had a work commitment today, so she had to cancel.

Kathleen is a spunky, witty lady. It was so nice to learn more about her and get some hooking tips and inspiration from her. She was so sweet in bringing me a little gift bag that had the most luscious fuchsia colored wool; definitely cheery enough to chase off the winter blues. It was a bit of a downer when I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning....who said anything about snow I shouted this morning. Hahaha. There was also a cute note pad and emery board set. Can't have any snags working on cross stitch. I can already imagine a design with Japanese Cherry Blossoms.



It is getting close to that time of year when our Nation's capitol is laced with the beautiful pink blossoms. I am still taken by these gorgeous trees and gift of PEACE. We have a weeping blooming cherry tree in our front yard in honor of those in D.C. and of the giant weeping cherry tree found at Gunston Hall. My little colonial/national monument in our yard.

Kathleen had been telling me about the hooked rug museum in Nova Scotia at the hook-in; she brought the March 2013 edition of Rug Hooking magazine with a feature article about the museum. She was generous in letting me read through it this week. I will see her again on Saturday at the Winterport Rug Hookers get together. I can't wait to dive into the pages for more inspiration and knowledge.

We both worked on our hooking projects before lunch.
 
Kathleen's Hens


My snowman is starting to get some meat on his bones.

I served spinach quiche with a cranberry, walnut, mandarin orange salad with raspberry vinergarette and sweet honey cornbread. I told Kathleen I was really pushing for spring with such a "springy" lunch; I am over winter. Hahaha. After lunch we chatted about cross stitch as she browsed through my pattern files. I picked up on my C@HRH for a few stitches and she worked more on her rug. She did bring her current stitch project to show me; Fresh Eggs by Cedar Hill.

I look forward to meeting the ladies next Saturday; if they are anything like Kathleen it should be great fun. Thank you Kathleen for making your way in from the coast to spend the day with me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Keep on stitching and hooking.

P.J.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds wonderful! It's so wonderful meeting new friends and being able to enjoy everything together.

Peggy Lee said...

Sounds like such fun! Oh hey...can I come over for lunch too? That sounds absolutely scrumptious!!
Your snowman is coming along nicely.
~hugs

Annette-California said...

How fantastic to get together with other needlework friends. Lovely gifts from Kathleen. glad to hear you had fun! Amazing projects. You are doing a fab job on your wip.
love Annette

Catherine said...

Sounds like such a fun day!! And the lunch ~ yummy!!