Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lookin' for a reader....

So I am catching on that Google Reader will be kaput on July 1st of this year. Heavens to mercatroid! As techno-challenged as I am I have impressed myself with the things I've done to build this blog and really settled into it's look after a few tries in templates and backgrounds. I have seen the beginnings of the end with several bloggers bouncing over to bloglovin...but I have to be honest I am not digging the starkness of the pages. I like the cozy personalities we have all invested into the way our blogs look, very inviting and friendly. I have started researching the various other readers out there and I am still clueless. I am hoping that we can all make the easy transition and keep on blogging without getting lost in TRON-land. Hahaha. I Chiuahua! I can't be in denial and want to be prepared for the inevitable. Please share your thoughts, recommendations and if you have any plans in place to make the move. Keep on keepin' P.J.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm using Feedly. They go through Google Reader but will have their own platform by the time Google Reader goes away. No fuss, no muss. :D (And I don't get this "follow my blog with bloglovin" thing at all.)

P.J. said...

I have leaning strongly towards Feedly, thank you Margaret. Now I need to dig in the tool box and figure out how to change it.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Grrr just when I start to figure things out things go changing. Think I will go with you and Margaret. For the record, I don't get the "follow my blog with bloglovin" either.

Erica said...

Hi PJ,
I am going to continue to use reader for now. We still have a few months left. I know there are several projects in the works right now. I will wait to see what is available then.
I am leaning towards The Old Reader. http://theoldreader.com/feeds/import
It is an easy transfer from google and it can be accessed from either google or facebook. It also has a similar look and feel to reader. I do not want something that can only be used through facebook.
It is a pain in the neck though! One wonders why they just can't leave well enough alone!

P.J. said...

Everyone's feedback is terrific; I do appreciate all the different points of view and experiences.thx

Annette-California said...

I am on Feedly. I wanted to be able to try my options before Google goes away. I like Feedly. They have really nice apps for my cell phone and computer. Just takes some getting use to as anything new. Even though I have Feedly I still use Google too till it goes away.
love Annette

Shelly said...

Aye Chihuahua, PJ! That's funny! I'm with you on this. I don't know where to start. Guess I'll look into this Feedly too.

Catherine said...

Not sure about Bloglovin' ~ I'm leaning towards Feedly so far. It would be nice if Google would reconsider and leave well enough alone.