Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bits and "Peace"es

Been away for a bit as we were preparing for a mini getaway; just the two of us. I needed a serious break from work and we wanted to go somewhere warm. So we headed west to the desert. Yes, we went to Las Vegas! I will spare you the barrage of cheesy Vegas photos ; but here are a few of Grand Canyon (South Rim) and Hoover Dam.





We did not see the fountain at The Belagio until our last day before we headed to the airport and it could not have been a more perfect way to end our trip. The music was Frank Sinatra singing Lady Luck!!
Tres Bien!!
 
We stayed at New York, New York.
 
Unfortunatleuy we were not big winners like the Greenbacks at Harrahs.
 
 
During our travels I worked on Pray for Peace.



Not much to post about otherwise... Was bummed to return to snow covered ground with more snow in the forecast. But we've been fortunate that the snow did not make it to our place this week; southern Maine got the brunt of the storm.

Next weekend I am hosting a little stitching/hooking gathering at A Stone's Throw. I am looking forward to it. My girlfriend is planning on coming and one of the ladies we met at the Hook-in. This should be a fun get together. I will try to remember to take a few pictures of what the others are working on.

Hope every one has a some good stitching time and bunches of sunshine. We've still got many weeks before spring is in the air up this way. Have a splendid weekend, look forward to hearing from you and catching up on your posts.

Keep on stitching! P.J.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Ooooh, fun trip! I'm glad you got away for a while. I agree - I'm sick of snow. Love your Pray for Peace so far.

Peggy Lee said...

Your trip sounds wonderful. Very nice pictures...thanks for sharing them.
My MIL is in Southern Maine. Poor thing.
It was beautiful here today. I actually went out for my walk this afternoon. I haven't been able to do that since last Summer. It was SO nice!
~hugs

Mii Stitch said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. It looks like you had a really fun time!!! Happy Stitching!!

Catherine said...

What a fun time! Thanks for sharing your photos!