Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue Moon over the St Laurence River in Quebec

Bonjour!

I am enjoying my morning coffee sitting at the bay window table at the Choco-cafe at the Auberge Du Littoral. I love to have that first half hour alone to find my inner peace to make sure I start my day off on the right foot. Hard to do that on the work days; I'll keep working on that.

I have enjoyed listening to the French Canadians and working on my high school French. The people have been very hospitable. Ia little disappointing sitting next to a group of Americans talking about Walmart and eBay this early in the morning; now if they were parle vous francais it would be a more pleasant conversation. Seriously!

We visited la chute Montmorency yesterday and plan to explore the old city today. Did I mention that MADONNA!! is performing at the Plains of Abrahams tonight! No we are not going for several sensible reasons but mostly, even if I were a rich woman I would not pay over $200 for two of us to STAND on the ground at a general admission, outdoor concert. But I still think it is awesome that MADONNA!! is rocking out tonight in Quebec City, too cool!!

No stitching on this trip, but I did take pics of my stash before the family arrived; I will post those when I return. Au revoir.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Madonna on the Plains would be an awesome concert! Don't think I'd want to stand that long though either.
Sounds like you're having a good time. Enjoy your tour of the old city today.

Sydney G. said...

Surprise Madre its me your kid :-P. YAYYY you got your blog back up and running! Okay well ill skee-daddle <---(ehh you get it right?) Oh before I leave this golB MADONNA MADONNA box like motion with hands around face ^_^ <3