Sunday, June 10, 2012

Around A Stone's Throw and progress on PS & HRH

It has been a glorious weekend thus far! The sun has been shining, the breeze has been cool and the birds are singing high praises! A break from the rain, although the garden is growing.

Speaking of gardens growing, check out our bounty of rhubarb. I made rhubarb crisp last Sunday night for desert and shared fresh rhubarb with folks at work. Plenty to go around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday when I was done mowing our happy little acre (not quite an acre) I thought isn't she looking just fabulous! So I thought I would post some pictures from around A Stone's Throw. I am always saying and so does the daughter this place is so cute and looks happy. It certainly has grown on us and feels like home. It took a bit as she needed some work to bring her into this cuteness.






We made our own little nature path
 in the small section of woodsiness next to the house;
between us and that beautiful barn,



Hope you enjoyed the quick tour.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to the stitching subject.... So I promised a few snaps from my PS Village frogging expedition and the rebuilding of the church has begun.

This was progress...

That turned into frogging. Two rows too tall.

Frogging done, rebuilding the church.
A quick snap of the little progress I made on HRH Christmas.
Actually started nodding off when I began working this yesterday afternoon.
I guess all that sunshine and fresh air ticketed me out. So I had a cat nap.

Hope and plan to get some stitches in today, outside in the sun.
The breeze is less aggressive today. Going to work in a flower bed or two before hand.
Ms. Peggy Lee over at Kentucky Sampler was too kind in her words about my giveaway package, but so thrilled that she is enjoying the goodies.
Going to have to give my GF a ring, I am getting inquiries about her needle minder!! I was tickled when she offered to make one for the giveaway; looks like that was a HIT. Awesome!

Off to enjoy this fantastic day, hope yours is just as well.

Keep on stitching. P.J.

P.S. A big thank you to all my followers, new and established!! Looks like I hit the 50 mark today. That is an exciting milestone. I do appreciate everyone's comments.

12 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Thank you for the tour, looks like you have made a house into a home.

Reverse stitching is not fun!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful home and your yard WOW. I love gardens and your looks beautiful. Such a Lovely nature path you created, very uplifting.
Isn't it nice to get past the frogging:) Love the village your stitching. I can't recall what company is HRH? But what your stitching is looking great. I Very pretty crowns and the wreaths look festive:) I enjoyed your photos, thank you.

Deborah said...

Thanks for the tour. Your home is lovely. Both wip's are looking good. The needleminder was awesome.

Kaisievic said...

Hi P.J., Greetings from Melborune, Australia. I am new follower, I have come across from Kentucky Sampler. Love your pics of your home, garden and barn - so gorgeous! You have a lovely blog and your PS Village is looking really lovely.

Mindi said...

Oh yum, rhubarb crisp! We just had rhubarb and blackberry crisp this weekend, and went overboard. What should have been enough for a few days was gone in less than 24 hours.

Frogging is the pits, so glad you're back in the rebuilding stage, it looks great.

Carol said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting...love the big star and the patriotic bunting :) And your PS piece is wonderful--sorry the frog visited, but it looks like you're on track! Are you stitching it over one? What fabric did you choose? I have this one in my stash and really hope to get it started one of these days :)

Catherine said...

Your home looks so inviting!! Great stitching and oh yum on the rhubarb! One of my dad's favorites is strawberry~rhubarb pie.

Paisley said...

You have a beautiful home! I love your nature path!

Sorry about the frogs visiting. Hopefully the rest of your church rebuild will be frog-free!

Hetti said...

Hi P.J. It's so nice to meet you and I enjoyed your tour! You have a very nice blog!

Thank you so much for your compliments about the Delft Blue Tiles SAL. I love the colours of Annette she used for the tiles.

Hugs from Hetti of the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tour, your home is beautiful!
Your stitching is lovely - i hope you have no more frogging to do.
The rhubarb looks delicious!

Peggy Lee said...

Your home is so beautiful and inviting and I love the little path you made in the wooded area.

The stitching is gorgeous too! I like the black fence in that last one! What count are you working it on?

Jules said...

Beautiful stitching! I really like the PS Village. I will have to look for the chart at my (not so) LNS.

You've been tagged! Check out my blog...