Sunday, October 16, 2011

Biscuit Heaven

This ain't got nuttin' ta do with stichin' but I discovered this recipe on Kentucky Sampler's blog (KSB); which is about stichin', so there's the connection. :-)


Gotta tell ya about these biscuits; Carole from Blue Chateau Interiors blog (BCIB) has a recipe for "the best homemade biscuits", I labeled my recipe card "Skillet Biscuits". Peggy from KSB posted her experience in making these in September, I have been waiting for the right meal to give it a try. I definitely had left over dough, so I made a short bread as Carole of BCIB suggested other wise I was gonna make a double batch of biscuits. Scumdillyumptious! Is the word that comes to mind in describing this delectable, melt in your mouth biscuit. It is so worth the little bit of work that goes into this. I made my Grandmother's and Great Aunt's (sisters) cream chicken casserole and a tossed salad. Their recipe could be considered a frugal recipe; this one started as a way to use up the left over Thanksgiving turkey. I make it during the year with skinless boneless chicken breast or thighs. I would be happy to share it if you'd like to try it.

I cooked down peaches with sugar n spice and had that over the short bread with a cup of coffee with Bailey's; a perfect fall dessert.

I am so glad that Carole shared this recipe and thanks to Peggy for posting it on her blog.

well I had better get to that dessert, then maybe I will put a few more stitches in my BOAF not so mystery, mystery stitch.

Keep on stitching. xxXxxXxx

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well i would like to tell thank your for sharing such a nice recipe of biscuits.You know chocolate flavored biscuit my favorite.I like it with tea.Homemade biscuit is very good to eat rather than you buy it from the market.

Olive Garden restaurant coupons