Saturday, April 4, 2015

April Showers

The sounds of the birds rejoicing in the early morning hours and the calming tip-tap of the rain drops slowly drumming on the roof top are so comforting. Spring is really here!! After I vacuum the house I will be lighting a few candles to bring a warm glow to this gray day and get some stitching done.

Yesterday nearly reached 60 degrees and it was such a reprieve from the long harsh winter. Unfortunately living this far north, and we don't even live in The County (I can't imagine), we are expecting s n o w this weekend. Yep, you read that correctly...snow. I am going to take it as a sign to sit back and take it slow, taking a sign from Mother Nature as Spring is taking her time getting here.

 I don't talk much about work on my blog but it has been a stressful few weeks; although I have had some serious ups in between my downs; one of which I can talk about. I have had the great opportunity to speak at several community groups over the past year, on the prevention of elder financial exploitation. This week I spoke to a Rotary Club and I am tickled that one of the members has asked me to speak to one of his senior groups. He said that usually there are about sixty seniors that come to their monthly meeting. This will be three times the size of groups I have presented to and it will be seniors themselves, not just community leaders and advocates. This does make me happy as this is a subject I am very passionate about and feel fortunate that I work with a team of co-workers that are diligent in this fight as well. It is unfortunate that we see too many of these types of cases, but we are persistent in the fight by providing education and awareness to preventing and identifying financial exploitation. There Is No Excuse For Elder Abuse!

Oh and one more UP for the week...
a group of us from work went to a Paint and Sip. 
This was my first time, some of the others have been to a couple. 






I really enjoyed it and everyone did a great job!

I have been rotating my hand work and have made progress on all three of my projects;

Libby Rug

The Siren


And my granny squares are stacking up.


Wishing everyone a splendid Spring and a Happy Easter.

P.J.

8 comments:

Lianne said...

Progress on so many fronts, sounds like the ups will hopefully have outweighed the downs. 15 degrees above freezing yesterday and woke up to an inch of snow this morning - so can relate! Enjoy your stitching.

Saundra said...

Goodness woman seems you are working out your frustrations in a project growth way.

I admire you for standing up for seniors who are vulnerable to the sneaky tactics of scammers. Just don't understand how hard hearted some people can be to take advantage of the elderly.

Hugs to you and keep on gal.

Saundra

Barb said...

All the projects look great! You are doing good work helping the older folks. I have heard some grim stories.

Margaret said...

That's so cool that you do such great work advocating for seniors. Hope work isn't too stressful for you. Love all your WIPs!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You have been productive on so many fronts! Keep up the excellent work.

KimM said...

I wish you more ups than downs ;0)
lovely projects - and congrats on the speaking engagement to the seniors. You obviously made an impression.
xxx

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hopefully some of your work stress has eased. I admire you for your work on elder abuse. How sad to prey on the elderly.
Great progress on your projects.
Hope your Easter was wonderful.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

So that's what you do, PJ! What a fascinating and important line of work!

Hoping that the warm weather soon returns to our little corner of the earth! Brrr.