Sunday, April 26, 2015

A sisterhood

A few Saturdays ago hubby and I participated in the Hike for the Homeless in Bangor. 
It was a brisk 3.79 mile walk.




Ice on the Penobscot River


The Englewood Corner Crafters...Winterport Hookers met for the last time for the season; last Saturday. We had a full house and a fun crafter's yard sale. I picked up a couple of large bundles of wool! Several ladies brought some good quality stuff. I am tickled with what I purchased. I will share pics in another post.

 I got up early Saturday morning and made mini applesauce muffins to take. 
I was pleased that I had my act together...five minutes down the road I realized 
I forgot to pack myself a lunch. Hahaha. 

 It was so good to see everyone and their wonderful work. Sharing stories of our projects and plans for the summer. Talk of getting into the garden, ready to play in the dirt; setting up for camping, plans to meet for a mini road trips, family coming to visit and what is the next rug hooking or knitting project. We each have our circles outside of this circle that brings us together. Hmmmm, sounds like a design idea brewing in my head.... I love the connections we have with each other, how one inspires the other, the support given when one of us has a situation in our life's circle. It is a sisterhood I am proud to be a member of and welcomed into. It is more than just hooking/crafting together. I may appear quiet at some gatherings (I know a shock for those that know me) but I am absorbing so much that is offered during the conversations and sistership. There have been several connections made that brings my soul such joy knowing I have met and gotten to know these ladies. Looking forward to seeing them in September and hearing about their summer ventures.

 Lets see some of their beautiful, talented work!

Sherillee's husband's braided denim rugs; that's right blue jeans.


Cynthia's kids

Lylah's chair pads



Sherillee and her tiger

Debra's Tom T on skis

A runner


Poinsettia pillow


Cynthia's sunflowers

A basket weave inspired by an antique rug

Admiring the colors of these worms

Lois' flower basket; love the vintage colors

A beautiful country landscape (on my wishlist)

Carol's houses

Sherillee's stain-glass footstool topper

And closing.... some sweet finds at an antique store on the way home...
including the basket. All under $20.



I will share progress pics of the Libby Rug and The Siren next post.
Have a happy week.

P.J.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, so many beautiful rugs! Such a pleasure to see! Love seeing the walk you did too.

acorn hollow said...

Good for you taking that 3.9 walk. Love your finds and how cool is the jeans rug.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always full of such delicious eye candy!

Barb said...

It is very special to belong to such a group. So many beautiful projects!

Kim said...

Everything is beautiful but the vibrant colors in that runner are gorgeous. And I would take that braided rug in a heart beat!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your sisterhood group sounds wonderful.

Saundra said...

Such talented friends you have. Pictures of rugs is inspiring no matter if they are in progress or pictures of finished rugs of a show. Thanks.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Those rugs are fabulous - love the chair pads! You and hubby are adorable!!