Monday, September 1, 2014

No bean left behind...

And another reason I can't keep my needle working....

We picked the garden again this morning. 
The raspberries are still producing even if the bounty is small it sure is sweet.


Grandpa Percy's bean basket was filled to the brim, which will make him so proud. 
Can't wait to show him pictures when we visit in October.

Grandma Bengtson's bowl


I put back a half quart of wax beans and sugar snap peas...



And four quarts of green beans this round.


The kitchen was at 72% humidity when I got done.
Even my Tervis was sweating

 I need a shower and then...

I AM STITCHING DARN IT!!
XxXxXxX

P.S.
Nothing like a cold, well water shower to perk a girl up!

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Oh I hear ya with a cold summer shower. I didn't pick beans and fruit but after I got done cutting grass and pulling wild grape vine from tree branches it was a cold shower for me too. Felt very refreshing.

Saundra

Krista said...

Beautiful bounty! Enjoy and keep cool!

Barb said...

After all that work, you deserve a stitching break!! It will be worth it this winter when you sit down to goodies from the garden.

Margaret said...

Looks absolutely delicious -- and colorful!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

looks delicious!! My tervis sweats too - I thought they weren't supposed to....

Kim said...

Fresh yellow beans are my favorite, with butter and salt. Mmmm, I need to make a visit to the farmers market. I did have some nice small beets tonight with supper. Nice and sweet

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The bounty of fresh fruits and veggies from the garden looks delicious--doesn't take long to steam up a kitchen