Saturday, July 19, 2014

Rug Bug

As I mentioned in the previous post we were planning a kayak trip of some sorts... we managed to get the boats in the water last weekend. It was a splendid day to be on the water. Low humidity and perfect sky. We found our way to Douglas Pond in Pittsfield. It was fun going down the rugged country road to get to the drop in. Reminded me of the road to our cabin in West Virginia when I was a kid. We took it slow with the bumps and the ruts; thinking of what mom used to say... If you drive fast and hit one bump you can fly over a bunch more. Hahaha.

Look at that reflection!


Picnic on the water

Cozy cove



Hubby concentrating on a creative selfie...nicely done.

Proof I was there. :) I am the one always taking the pictures.

I have been bitten by the Rug Bug. No sooner did I finish the anniversary rug...

Did I mention I like the binding. :) 


Party in the back

Business in the front.

...did I want to dive into the wool for my Lady Liberty Bell hound rug. 

Granted the humidity was at an all time low; otherwise forget about it.

With close supervision I sat out on the back porch to cut my wool in the summer breeze. 



Did I say CLOSE SUPERVISION



 Lillies  from around the yard 

match the wool I am cutting for the leaves in the hound rug.


Speaking of hound

Green feet.

Two posts in one day, WOW! Hope you have a fantastic and adventurous weekend. We are headed to Gulf Hagas to hike the Upper Loop; taking advantage of the splendid weather when we can.

Keep on stitching and hooking.
P.J.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely rug finish! And your new wool colors -- yummy!

Saundra said...

It looked like a very serene afternoon on the water. Lovely wool you are cutting and hard to believe you like binding rugs. I'm presently binding one and wish you were here, lol.

Saundra

Cricket-bug Corner said...

What fun!!

Barb said...

This post is full of beautiful things, the pond, the lillies, the rug and of course your DH!

Anonymous said...

Hey PJ, everything looks so fabulous! I have never been kayaking. Had a boyfriend *ages* ago who loved canoeing but every time we went out, I felt like I'd survived a brush with death. Enough small boat things for me! ;) Love your rug and that binding is to die for. :)

Penny said...

Looks like it was a very peaceful trip. Never been kayaking, but do miss canoeing. Love the colors for your new rug and your cute little supervisor too. :)

Donna said...

I loved your photos, Great trip I think I was there with you (in the photos) haha. Yes I have close supervision at home too, the cat is always there being so snoopy. Thank you for sharing the photos are great