Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Friday the 13th

(: This is a good luck day in our house. :)

I have been busy prepping for my three day stay with my GF for the "Harvest Moon Hook-in" at her place. I thought I would finish the sky on my snowman but the nasty, oppressive air has crept back up to Maine and I just can't even think about working in the wool in this soup. Blah ack.

It will be a cozy group of four of us getting together on Saturday for some serious hooking. I am looking forward to seeing Kathleen again. Mary is the other hooker we met at the Hook-in this past winter in Ellsworth. Her rug was the gorgeous, very detailed lake scene i had posted from the Hook-in. She hooks more realistic designs and it is amazing!! She actually works with my GF and they did not know about each other hooking until that event. Cool how we've come to know each other through our handwork. :)

I finished block three!!!! I have a snap of it, but it is a pain to get'er posted right now. I will be sure to include it and my progress and fab snaps of the ladies wool works from this weekend.

And then next weekend is the Winterport Hookers first gathering of the season, so I will get to catch up with those ladies as well. Can't wait to hear about what they've been up to over the summer and what they are working on. 

I need to get going....I have to put in a few hours at work before I head out for some hook in' and stitchin'.

Have a terrific weekend and keep on stitching.

P.J.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Hope you have fun hooking away! Souns so great!

Brigitte said...

Oh, a crafty get-together. What fun!

Catherine said...

Sounds like fun!!

Penny said...

I was born on a Friday the thirteenth, so they don't bother me. :) Hope you had a wonderful time this weekend, and I look forward to pictures!

Annette-California said...

I wish you lots of fun, laughter and much hooking for your upcoming get together weekend.
love Annette