Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Queen Bee

I finished stitching Love Never Fails before I went on my trip; still need to sew it into a pillow.


So I like to have a little something to stitch when I travel. I picked up JBW Designs-The Queen Bee from my stash. Instead of black on white I choose an ivory even weave with DMC 3371 brown.

 I did work on it one morning on the ship. I got up early, got my coffee and found a quiet corner, by the window at Crooner's Lounge. 

Isn't she darling....


This is my last Sunday progress on the Spanish Mystery Sampler. 
Hope to work on it some more this Sunday.
Sounds like I won't be getting much yard work done this weekend....more cold rain on the way.

Last Saturday I participated in a Color Run 5K for a fundraiser for The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront. I got together with a couple of my co-workers and planned to walk this thing.





Well they encouraged me to go at a jog and see where we got. One of the ladies works out regularly and was generous in her slow pace. :) 
Well I am here to tell you I impressed and surprised myself!! 

I jogged, walked, jogged throughout the hilly route and finished in 42 minutes.
We had two 12 minute miles....I was stoked that I DID IT!! I could not believe my stamina; considering I had not prepared to run at all. I certainly felt it the next two days.

Yeah US!!


This has been a good kick start to my walking plans. So I have gotten back into my sneakers...

Wishing everyone a delightful weekend.

P.J.

5 comments:

Annette-California said...

Congrats on achieving two 12 minute miles in the fundraiser!!!
Lovely stitching - the black thread on the linen looks amazing.
love Annette

Chris said...

Woohoo PJ!! Great job at the color run. Great way to spend time with your pals.
Lovely stitching too. I love small travel projects.

Margaret said...

That's so fantastic on the 5K! I'm so impressed! Love all your stitching as well.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Love it. Love getting to know you.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Good job! I am impressed!! Love your stitching. Love the pictures of you - adorable!