Sunday, March 23, 2014

Purple Paradise

Thank you for the sweet sentiments on the passing of my grandma. I am still in a bit of a stunned fog, but reminiscing of the wonderful memories eases the sorrow. Part of my sorrow is that I wished I had made more visits as an adult. Always thinking there is time to do that.
Make the time. :)

 "By love they are remembered and in memory they live." 
                                                 - on a card I received.

I had mentioned working on Love Never Fails; I was stitching away on my travels and the sentiment really rang true during this tough time for our family. 

Love did not fail us. 
With it almost finished in time for our anniversary in April I think it will also carry an extra deeper memory when I see it.

Having some fun hooking my mug mat project. 


But I need to get it wrapped up PDQ!

BECAUSE!!!! In two weeks I will be shoving off on my very first, EVER, cruise!! The Navy Girl wanted to do something special for her 25th birthday...with her mother! Lucky ME! Sooo; me, the Navy Girl and my best friend are headed to the Eastern Caribbean on a seven day cruise. I never imagined that I would go on a cruise and feel very fortunate that we can do this amazing trip together! Wow! There is a lot to do to plan and prepare for a cruise. We are going completely casual with all beach excursions. All three of us need this excitimg trip and can't wait to create amazing memories with my daughter and best friend.

My GF is a supreme cruiser so we were lucky to have our very own personal cruise coordinator. She has sent us fun care packages, including a countdown calendar. 



Somehow a purple theme evolved. I had a lot of purple already in the suitcase when this came in February. Hahaha...my Purple Paradise Caribbean Cruise.


And she provides us with weekly cruise tips; one of my favorites;

       Karri's Cruise Tip #13: The toilets on the ship are vacuum driven. This means you should not flush while sitting on the crapper. If you must flush while seated, at least make sure there isn't a tight seal created between your butt and the toilet seat. We don't want to have to call maintenance to pry you off the commode with a crowbar. Oh my goodness I just about fell out of my chair at work when we got this one!! Hahahaha! You know we are going to have a BLAST!

My suitcase is ready!

Need to get on that hook. Have a Super Sunday folks!

P.S. Trying to keep up with commenting on all y'alls blogs; some days are better than others. Thank you for your kind words in return. :-)

10 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I missed the post about your grandma. I'm so sorry for your loss. The Love. Never Fails piece will beautifully mark your anniversary and act as a gentle reminder of grandmaa's love. The cruise will be an absolute blast!!!33

Anne said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your dear grandmother. She will be in your heart forever and the love never fails is a beautiful design to remember her by. Never been on a cruise either so that's very exciting. Have a wonderful time! Hugs!

Chris said...

Lovely projects P.J.
The cruise sounds wonderful after this dreary winter!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Love never fails--such a sweet special stitch--

Cruise looks amazing, caught myself laughing about flushing while still seated. Have a great time and share your stories

Margaret said...

Love your stitching and hooking both. So so exciting about the 25th birthday cruise! Fantastic! lolol about the crapper! Oh my gosh! Who knew!

Natasha said...

I missed the post about your Grandma I am sorry to hear of your loss, may her memories always remain in your heart.

Have an amazing time on your cruise. Just the word Caribbean makes spring and summer seem closer LOL

Take Care

Barb said...

What wonderful plans. I know you will have a great time!

Annette-California said...

So very sorry to hear about you grandmother and for your loss.
I know you will have a incredible time on the cruise with your daughter and friend. Love how your friend is helping you get excited and preparing for your trip. What wonderful gifts she gave you:)
Your new mug rug your working on is already looking beautiful.
love Annette

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I have found your blog...I just love your blog....I am now a follower of your blog.

I have a Blog too and here is my link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I would like for you to be a follower of my blog.

Your stitching is sure beautiful...

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Donna said...

Your coordinator sounds like she has great skills . Cant wait to read about your trip. Be safe